South Downs Local Plan Pre-Submission Consultation – 26 September – 21 November 2017
The South Downs National Park Authority has published the Pre-Submission version of the South Downs Local Plan for public consultation.
This is your final chance to have your say on the Local Plan before it is submitted to Government in 2018.
This is the first Local Plan to cover the entire South Downs National Park. It sets out 96 policies which will be used to determine planning application in the South Downs National Park – including a number of land allocations for development.
While the consultation is mainly looking at the soundness of the plan, every comment will be passed, exactly as submitted, to the Planning Inspectorate who will respond to them as part of their examination into the Local Plan.
You can read the local plan and respond online at www.southdowns.gov.uk/localplan.
Our online consultation tool allows you to review the plan and make comments within the document itself. Or download a copy of the response form and complete your response in writing.
Please click here for our frequently asked questions.
Paper copies of the plan, supporting documents and maps are also available at:
- Winchester Discovery Centre, Jewry Street, Winchester, SO23 8SB
- Lewes District Council offices, Southover House, Southover Road, Lewes BN7 1AB
- Petersfield Town Council offices, Heath Rd, Petersfield GU31 4EA
- Storrington library Ryecroft Lane, Storrington , RH20 4PA
- Chichester library, Tower Street, Chichester, PO19 1QJ
- Jubilee library (Brighton), Jubilee St, Brighton BN1 1GE
- South Downs Centre, North Street, Midhurst GU29 9DH
We are happy to answer any questions about this consultation. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on 01730 814810.