Hassocks Neighbourhood Plan.
Outline Time Frame of Events.
- 2013 – The Parish Council started detailed work on the Neighbourhood Plan.
- 2014 – This was refined in 2014, when a ‘call for sites’ was made.
- 19th and 20th September 2014 – Two Public Consultation days were held by Hassocks PC.
- January 2015 – The consultation days were followed by a site assessment, and every household in Hassocks was leafleted.
- 26th February 2015 – A public meeting and workshop was held at Downlands School, Hassocks.
- 10th/11th July 2015 – Two further consultations events were held.
- 22nd September 2015 – the Parish Council met at Downlands School to agree the content of the Neighbourhood Plan.
- January 2016 – The Regulation 14 Neighbourhood Plan was issued and subject to detailed public consultation.
- June 2016 – The Regulation l6 Neighbourhood Plan was then prepared and submitted to Mid Sussex District Council (MSDC) who accepted the Plan
- July-August 2016 – MSDC carried out a six-week public consultation.
- 2017 – MSDC refused to allow this Neighbourhood Plan to proceed to Examination by a Government Inspector.
- March 2018 – Following the adoption of the Mid Sussex District Plan, the Parish Council then started work on a new Neighbourhood Plan in June 2018.
- December 2018 – The revised Regulation 14 Neighbourhood Plan was issued for public consultation.