This accessibility statement applies to the content published on www.hassocks-pc.gov.uk.
This website is run by Hassocks Parish Council. The Council wants as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- Change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- Zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is this website?
We know parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- The text will not reflow in a single column when you change the size of the browser window
- You cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- Some PDF documents aren’t fully accessible to screen reader software.
- Some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
- You cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- There’s a limit to how far you can magnify the map on our ‘contact us’ page
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille please contact us through our web page or by
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 14 working days.
If you cannot view the map on our ‘contact us’ page, call or email us for directions.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact the Parish Clerk through our website contact us, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 10273 842714.