HASSOCKS PARISH COUNCIL
To: All Members of the Policy Resources & Communications Committee (Ian Weir, Kate Bailey, Carolyn Barton, David Bunting, Dan Sewell and Paul Shepherd) with copies to all other Councillors for information.
A meeting of the POLICY RESOURCES & COMMUNICATIONS COMMITTEE will be held on TUESDAY 6th June 2023 at 7.30pm in the Parish Centre, Adastra Park, Hassocks.
Parish Clerk – 31 May 202
1. TO ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
2. TO ACCEPT DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
3. ELECTION OF CHAIR AND VICE CHAIR
4. MINUTES to accept the Minutes of the Policy Resources & Communications Committee held on 30th March 2023. (Previously Circulated).
5. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
6. Budget Position
The purpose of this report is to update the Committee on the out turn for the financial year ending 31 March 2023.
Financial Accounts Budget – 31 March 2023 provides a detailed position as per the RBS finance system and is produced for information in Appendix 1. To view Appendix 1 please click here.
The attached report sets out the following detail:
- Annual spend /income for the year
- 2022/23 budget
- Variance (difference between spend and budget – Expenditure and Income)
- Balance of budget
- % spent
In addition Appendix 2 sets out a summary of the Councils Income & Expenditure position for the year and identifies those funds allocated to Ear Marked Reserves and those allocated to General Reserves. The Council has continued to adopt a prudent approach and allocate funds for future projects. It is anticipated that two priority projects are expected to be delivered in the first half of this year (Burial Ground path network and installation of refurbished tennis courts). To view Appendix 2 please click here.
Although operating costs have continued to increase the Council income streams have recovered well post pandemic and in some instances exceeded the anticipated budget.
The detailed budget variances are set out in Appendix 3 which summarises the actual position against each of the respective budget descriptors.
Appendix 3 details some of the larger variances for the year together with an explanation. Members are requested to note the final out turn position. To view Appendix 3 please click here.
7. Internal Audit Report – The attached report sets out the findings /conclusion of the year-end review and follows on from the interim report undertaken earlier in the year. Members are requested to review the contents of the report and note any actions required to be taken. (Appendix 4). To view Appendix 4 please click here.
8. Communications – verbal update
9. URGENT MATTERS at the discretion of the Chairman for noting and/or inclusion on a future agenda.
10. DATE OF NEXT MEETING. 18th July 2023
Exclusion of Public and Press In view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted Councillors will be referred to the Confidential agenda. If any members of the public or press are present they will be requested to withdraw from the meeting.
11. Minutes – to accept the confidential minutes of the Policy Resources & Communications Committee held on the 30th March 2023 (previously circulated).
12. Staffing matters (verbal update)
All members of the public are welcome to attend meetings of the Parish Council and its Committees.
Item 5 – a period of 15 minutes will be set aside for the public statements and questions relating to the published non-confidential business of the Meeting. It may be necessary to consider particular items in confidential session and where this arises, these items will be considered at the end of the agenda.
FILMING, RECORDING OF COUNCIL MEETINGS AND USE OF SOCIAL MEDIA
During this meeting members of the public may film or record the Committee and officers from the public area only providing it does not disrupt the meeting. The Confidential section of the meeting may not be filmed or recorded. If a member of the public objects to being recorded, the person(s) filming must stop doing so until that member of the public has finished speaking. The use of social media is permitted but members of the public are requested to switch their mobile devices to silent for the duration of the meeting.