The Parish Council owns and manages the Adastra Park in the centre of Hassocks.
Adastra Park was donated to the Parish Council by the late E.D. Stafford in memory of his son who was killed while serving with the Royal Flying Corps during the Great (1914-1918) War. Since then it has been used as a green, recreational area.
This large open space in Hassocks includes the Garden of Remembrance, the Community Pavilion, football pitches, a cricket pitch, a bowling green, tennis courts, a skate park, children’s play areas, and adult fitness equipment.
A number of organisations and local clubs use the facilities within the park. Details of some of these can be found here.
Groups or commercial enterprises who wish to use the park for events or activities should contact the Parish Office to discuss this. Conditions of use can be found here .
The Adastra Hall is situated within the park and is owned and managed by the Hassocks Community Association. For further information on events at the Adastra Hall, or for enquiries about hiring the hall please visit the Adastra Hall website.
Limited car parking is available to users of the park and visitors to the council offices in the main car park off Keymer Road, Hassocks. There is also a smaller car park which can be accessed from Orchard Lane, off Grand Avenue, Hassocks.
There are free public toilets at the entrance to the Adastra Park, adjacent to the main car park.
North Field Play Park
South Field Play Area
Skate Park South Field